Friday 26 August 2011

Plea For Help

As some might be aware, since the 1950s German magazine Kicker has prepared a ratings system to evaluate the performance of domestic players throughout the year. For some time I've been thinking about how useful such a system would be for non-German or Bundesliga based players. Sadly there is no such ratings system for world players, so I thought I'd try to create my own.

In order for the ratings to be worth while, they need to be based as much as possible on fact and in order to obtain it I'm going to need as much help as I can possibly get from anyone who has any time or resources to contribute. If you have access to any useful information or are willing to put in some time to help me compile these rankings then please let me know, either by adding a comment or messaging me on twitter (@ademir2z).

My intention is to limit the listing to European based players and create a ranking for each season (rather than twice yearly as Kicker do). I am starting with last season and working backwards as far as I can with the information available. Ideally I can go all the way back to 1956 when Kicker started their system (helpfully also the first year of France Football's Ballon D'Or).
 
This will be a mammoth undertaking, so any help that I can receive will be hugely appreciated.

If you're unfamiliar with Kicker's system then please see the amazing thread that a friend of mine created summaring all the rankings they have ever produced.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936925

1 comment:

ping said...

hey man if in the future you need any more help i'd be glad to. i just stated from the beginning and saw this post so if you want you can reach me at xiuping.lim85@yahoo.com.au
i haven't done any writing before but and am still leaning about football as i only started watching a few years ago